Monday, December 27, 2010

Recipe: Crescent Turkey Casserole

I am not known for my cooking, so this is worth sharing. I took it to Youth Group and they inhaled it. A couple of people have been aggressively asking for the recipe.

I am on Cloud 9! :-)

(a Taste of Home recipe)
Crescent Turkey Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 4 Tbs. Flour
  • 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
  • 1/4 tsp. Pepper
  • 1 1/2 Cup Milk
  • Approx. 3 cups cubed cooked Turkey
  • 1 Pkg. frozen Mixed Veggies, thawed (I just used fresh cauliflower & celery)
  • 1 Tube refrigerated Crescent Rolls
Directions:
In a large saucepan, combine the mayo, flour, bouillon and pepper. Gradually add milk; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey & vegetables; cook 3-4 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Spoon into a greased 9x13 pan.
Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place over turkey mixture. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

(Note: I used smoked turkey and it was delicious. Also, my mayonnaise separated when cooking, so I skimmed off the orange oil that wouldn't mix in.)

I can cook. I can cook. I can cook. I can cook. I can cook. I can cook. I can cook. They say if you tell yourself something enough you start to believe it, and that's probably half the battle. I can cook. I can cook. I can cook....

No comments:

Post a Comment