Monday, December 6, 2010

Her laugh.

Meet Kristine. My sister-in-law.
I'm so glad Clayton found her. I'm glad she's his wife. I'm glad God brought their hearts together.

BUT... I am also glad that she's MY sister-in-law. Kristy and I have found an additional best friend in Kristine. How many best friends can you have? Apparently more than one. There's Dana, and Kristy, and Kristine, and Jayme ... hopefully someday Mr. Right. So I guess at least 5. You see who your best friends truly are only after the friendship has been tried in the furnace. These friends have come through like gold.

Kristine. She's got that laugh that makes a whole room full of people take notice. I can't describe it. I hear it in my dreams occasionally, it just bubbles up from deep down inside of her. I do the stupidest things to make her laugh. I tell on myself, the most embarrassing stories, to make her laugh. I once painted my face completely black to surprise her and make her laugh at 4:30 in the morning. It took me three days to get that black paint out of my pores. Acne flare-up? Uh, yeah. Was it worth it? Totally.


She laughs at my inability to take compliments.
She laughs when I button my super amazing cute classy coat crooked at church.
She laughs when I say I'm upset with someone.
She laughs when I say I've told someone where the rubber meets the road. She thinks I couldn't tell off a fly.

Friday night at youth group, I was sitting visiting with someone and we just stopped talking and sat there listening to Kristine laugh. It was beautiful. I love how happy Jesus Christ makes people. Brandon said it best, while most of their team was standing in "Jail" during dodge ball... "Kristine's laugh is like the ultimate moral booster."

You need to hear it if you haven't.
It is music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment