Thursday, December 2, 2010

on good ground: DOOR

Two posts in one day, wow, you'd think I would have more important things to do with my time.

This is too good, I had to share.  Maybe it won't mean anything to you, but God gave it to me today, similar to Dana's 4 leaf 'promise' clover recently.

As I was cleaning out my home office, I found a whole notebook full of sermon notes from the Bible Conference 2007.  This message from Pastor Doug Fisher jumped off the page and smacked me in the face, I was blessed.  Again, sorry for the disconnected notes, I get so engrossed during church sometimes I forget to take good notes.  Kristy and I really enjoy Pastor Fisher's messages, they run very deep and get right to your heart.
..........................................................................................................................................................
"DOOR"
Duet. 29:2 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land;

Deu 29:3 The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles:
Deu 29:4 Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.
Acts 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.
Acts 10:10- (Peter and the sheet of animals let down from heaven)
 
About Doors:
  • The big doors get more people involved.
  • You won't understand right away.
  • Don't marry a guy that has it all figured out.  That puts a lid on your goals.
  • Doubt is okay.
 
Doors that didn't look like doors in the Bible:
  • Saul looking for lost donkeys, it led to the throne
  • Joseph in the pit, saved a nation from starvation
  • David taking food to his brothers, ended up killing a giant, hailed a hero
 
Ask God for a heart to perceive what's going on in your life.
.......................................................................................................................................................
 
I needed this, I'm so glad God hid it in one of my junk piles for me to find today.

2 comments:

  1. As hard as the waiting process is, isn't it exciting knowing that God has something for you just around the bend?
    And one day you know you'll look back and see how things fell into place to bring you to the perfect place that He planned.
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete