Wednesday, September 1, 2010

County Fair

Its here. County Fair. Woohoo! I love it. Its in my blood.

Some of the younger, rowdy girls from church have talked me into going to the Carnival with them tomorrow night.  I'm a little concerned.  You see, Cora (18) is one of my favorite people.  She's so serious and sensible that when she gets excited it really means something, unlike myself who lives excited.   The power her rare excitement has over me is frightening.  I'd probably follow her into a snake pit if she went enthusiastically.  So my fear is that I'm going to find myself hanging upside down or at the top of the ferris wheel tomorrow night. 

Oh well, you only live once, right?  If I die tomorrow night, I want Kristy to have my Kirby Vacuum, Jay to have my sewing machine, Tim to have my stapler, Mom to have my computer, Dad to have my RMS gift card, CJ & Kris to have my gun, Jayme to have the fudge sticks I've been hiding (bottom right desk drawer behind the cd cases), Dana to have my new camera and please donate my organs.

I was the Mutton Bustin' champion of 1992.
7 years old.

Awesome, right?

Me (age 9) and my very first of many beloved pigs, Petunia
You may take the girl out of the country, but I'm afraid you'll never be able to take the country out of the girl.

5 comments:

  1. You gotta click on the mutton busting pic to enlarge, the look is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so kind to leave me your camera, but really try to survive.
    I'm a little attatched to you.
    Besides, rides are FUN, so have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is funny is that Cora would probably be enthusiastic about going into a snake pit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And...
    sorry guys. I lived. No one gets anything.

    ReplyDelete