Wednesday, August 4, 2010

That's more like it

All in a day's lunch....

As I pulled up to my house, I had this whole thought trail about how good God is to me. It started by looking at my green coat in the passenger seat. I adore this green coat. Everyone else loves this green coat too. It fits like it was custom made for me. It is the perfect shade of green for my eyes. It was a gift, something that didn't fit someone else.

My life is full of things like that. So I went happily in to the house thinking about all the neat stuff God gives me all the time. A co-worker recently gave me a bag of really cute designer clothes. They also fit like they were made for me. This is awesome, I never ever buy designer clothes. I'm too cheap.

The Dooney & Bourke purse hanging from my arm. I didn't really know what it was until other women in the know started gushing over it. This was also given to me, brand new. Cowabunga!

I was thinking as I came through the door that people must think I'm one of 'those' girls. I'm not at all, God is just so good to me. And He has impeccable taste.

I warmed up my plate of Pork & Beans and an Oscar Meyer ALL BEEF frank (speaking of good taste....)

Up the stairs I go, hot plate of deliciousness in one hand, D&B purse in the other. As I neared my desk, something quite usual happened. The plate lept from my hand. There is now Pork and Beans scattered generously within a 3 foot radius of my desk.

ARGH! ANNA!

My purse was a victim as well. There were beans and sauce all over the front, and inside there was a bean on my camera, one on my checkbook and two under the noseflute.

This just makes me laugh. Dooney & Bourke meets Pork & Beans.
That's so much more my style.

I guess my cover is blown.

1 comment: