Friday, August 27, 2010

bubble bursting

I was all pleased with myself last night when I returned from the grocery store.  "I bought carrots," I triumphantly told Kristy.  Like this was a new milestone in my life.

"You bought carrots.  Really Anna?  Carrots?" said Kristy.

I thought about it for a minute. Hmm, what is wrong with this?  Thinking, thinking,...
"Oh YEAH!  The garden.  We have free carrots in the garden."  I guess I just got caught up in the moment on Isle 15.  End of the awesomeness I had been feeling.



And today.  I finally got my lunch date with the cute guy.  As we were sitting and discussing Elmo on a park bench, a big truck drove by with 2 workin' fellas in it.  They both grinned and waved in a very friendly manner at me.  So I smiled and waved back, a little confused.  Then I looked down and saw what was really going on.  The Little Turkey at my side had initiated contact.  He was grinning and waving at them like they were his favorite guys in the whole world.

My moment of thinking I must be 'irresistibly attractive' quickly dissipated.  I guess nothing beats a genuine smile and an uninhibited wave. Lesson learned Little Turkey, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment