Thursday, August 12, 2010

Consider the marker

My mind doesn't work the same as most.  I see weird little details and usually miss the big picture.

Case in point: 
Yesterday, I passed a hitch hiker on the interstate.  In the 4 seconds I had to survey him, this is the burning question I wished I could ask him...

Where did you get the marker to write on your cardboard?

His letters were large, very dark / filled in and easily distinguishable from a distance.  Props to the man!

Really, isn't that a good question? After some thought over the course of yesterday, I've decided that a clean piece of cardboard and a thick black sharpie must be staple items that all transients and hitch hikers keep on their person.

Do you see what I mean?  Weird details.  Normal people look at them and wonder if they're saved, if they're hungry, where they're going, how they got to this point in life, if they're one of the escaped murderers, etc. 

I want to know where I can get one of those markers.
(photo courtesy of Google)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... that is an interesting perspective.
    I'm usually feeling guilty for not helping the panhandlers, and thinking it's a bummer that I can't tell who really needs help and who's just lazy or an addict.
    Hitchhikers not as much. Hitchhiker = creepy.

    ReplyDelete