Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blessed be the name of the Lord

"And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21

Life as it happens. The idea for this blog was planted by a good Christian man in our community. He was my dad's age and has had cancer for a few years. His kids are our age. He told my sister once that he loves to look at the pictures she and I enter in the county fair. He said our photography touched his heart because it was simply "Life as it happens."

This man passed away yesterday, and went to be with the Lord. We'll see him on the other side.
My heart aches for his family, but I certainly don't feel sorry for him. He'll never sin again, never have another sorrow.

These songs are from Pastor Shirley's youth choir:
Right On Time
Our Savior is always right on time, though sometimes I don't see it that way.

I Shall Return
That man went on ahead, but Christ will be back for the rest of us someday.
If this song doesn't get you stirred up, you might want to make sure you still have a pulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment