Saturday, April 30, 2011

special

I just spent 5 glorious days with Dana & Co.
"Is this your sister Dana?"  Close.  My cousin, my friend.
"Are you Mommy's sister Auntie Anna?  Because you talk like my Mommy."  Close.  Mommy's cousin.  Mommy's friend.

We...
  • Went to Cabela's, my first time ever!
  • Stayed up waaaaaaay too late every night talking and watching movies.
  • Laughed in the kitchen at 11:30 at night cooking for Easter Dinner.
  • Drank 1-2 cups of coffee after 10:00 p.m. nightly and still managed to sleep soundly.
  • Watched Audrey Hepburn.  Classy is the word.
  • Plotted various ways to convince each other to move.
  • Laughed.  A lot.
  • Found out Dana is left handed. (well, she already knew)
  • Found out Dana likes creamy peanut butter.
  • Painted our nails.
  • Played cameras, photoshop and blogworld.
  • Played piano.  That girl can play.  Man!  I am all about the broken chords now.
  • Discussed what is wrong with Channing.  As in Tatum.  Dana says his eyes are not the same size.  I think its his ears.  They're too small for his head.  But there is definitely something off. (discussion stemming from watching "The Eagle" with AJ)
  • Remembered childhood.
  • Did you know Dana is an ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmazing cook?!  I gained 7ish pounds.
  • Painted Easter eggs.
  • Had Easter dinner with AJ's fam.  I love borrowing families.  Even though mine is terrific.
  • Flew kites.  Sort of.
  • Jumped on the trampoline.
  • Picked flowers.
  • Prayed.
  • Discussed the Bible and God's goodness. (The depth of a friendship that has become acquainted with adversity is unmeasurable)
  • Discussed my pitiful attempts at finding Mr. Right.  Stinkin' girliness, I need to learn to reign my heart in.  I seriously am defective at dating.
  • Understand each other.  Childhood was a selfish time of friendship.  I liked her because it was convenient and she had cool Barbies.  She liked me because... well, I'm not sure why.  :-)  This season of life is so different.  Hymns make me cry.  She gets that.  Playing the piano stirs her soul as if God himself is gently tugging on it.  I get that.  Our family is really special.  We get that.  God is good in everything, has a beautiful plan in everything.  We get that. 
  • Shopped.
  • Discovered that our precious little Grandma made each of us a bonnet girl quilt (one of our favorite childhood possessions) when we were young.
  • Hated to say goodbye.
  • Made plans to meet again.  6 hours.  Pff.  I'll be back!
Pictures to come, I promise.

:-)

2 comments:

  1. Ah. It's almost as fun just to remember. SO FUN! :)
    FYI. I liked you because you had Pretty Pretty Princess, horses, and your mom always packed awesome things to trade at lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the horses. I feel bad about that to this day, I was such a brat always making you ride behind the saddle.

    Kristy and I actually had a really good laugh tonight remembering trailing cows. One time, when we were like 6, you yelled "Yah! Yah! Yah! Yah! Yah! Yah!...." for an entire day without ceasing. I had forgotten, Kristy reminded me. My cool thing was to yell "Hoooooo-oooo Hut!"

    Grandpa used to call out "Come Boss." Remember?

    ReplyDelete