Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday

  1. Lunch Date: Funny story.  Awhile ago I was at my brother's house babysitting the Little Turkey.  While I was in the bathroom I noticed their calendar had appointments written in all over the place for pregnancy check-ups and etc.  Markers were conveniently hung on the wall.  I did what any normal person would do and wrote in some appointments of my own.  I forgot all about them.  This morning, sister-in-law messaged me and said "What time are we meeting for lunch?"  Haha.   It was awesome.  So I took Dairy Queen out to her and the babies and we had an awesome lunch date.  I have no idea when the next one is.  I guess she'll call me.
  2. I got to take pictures of Baby Sister today.  I found myself calling her Little Cupcake, so I think that's who she is from henceforth in blogland.  We have Little Turkey and Little Cupcake.  Ohhhh man.  I want one.  I was born to be a mom, I'm sure of it.  Or maybe I was born to be an aunt.  I guess since that's what I am I'll just have to be the best Aunt I can be.  She's so precious and perfect and even cries like a girl.  She peed all over her Mom.  She pooped all over my white bedspread (which reminds me... I need to soak that).  She got mad when we put things around her head.  She has a double chin. 
  3. Little Turkey was my pal this afternoon.  We went lion hunting, and we sang Sunday School Songs. He showed me all his guns.  He sang me a song on his guitar. Every time I'd say "I have to go buddy" he'd say "No way.  Come play with me Aunt Anna.  Please.  Please."  And he'd always take my hand.  If I'd go with him he'd very sincerely say ..... ohhhh Thank you! Thank you!  How do you say no to that?
  4. Little Turkey walked past me this afternoon all sassy, and said something really fast.  I said "What?"  He said it again.  I asked his mom, "Did he just ask me... Who's your baby?"  Yep.  That's what he said.  All sassy.  "Who's your babay?"  So I said, "You're my baby."  Noooooo!  I not a baby Aunt Anna.  I just ______ (insert name here).  And then he said the sweetest thing.
    Maybe you're MY baby Aunt Anna.
  5. Tonight after Youth Group, we sang again.  Its been far too long.  It was so good for my soul, it brought me back where I needed to be.  So much happened in my life the first of the year that I've gotten away from the music that I love so much.  Tonight we were playing around with harmonies.  Man!  I love singing!  If anybody anytime anywhere wants to get together and sing... count me in.
  6. I went to bed last night resolved to chop my hair off today.  Fortunately I ran out of time.    This morning, I fixed it really nicely because it was supposed to be the last day of my long locks... and it looked so good that I couldn't part with it.  Stupid girliness.  {sheepish grin} Its only a matter of time before I do it, I've been talking myself out of it for a couple years. One day though...

No comments:

Post a Comment