Tuesday, November 30, 2010

catching up

A. Moldova missions trip has been postponed due to a scheduling conflict.  I was bitterly dissapointed for a short time, but I know God has a reason.  I quickly made it through my explanation in Preacher's office, no tears.  Phew!  ....until.... he kindly and gently started asking questions.  Then the tears came unstoppable and my pinched lips started trembling. I think it was his kindness that opened the floodgates.  Argh.  Stinkin' girly-ness. I tried so hard not to cry.  Life goes on, and I am going to try again this summer, Lord willing.

B.  I can't get my hands warm.  Seriously.  Worse than usual.  I wear gloves, still cold.  I hold hot mugs of tea, still cold.  I try to hold them close to myself, but they're so cold I can't bear to touch any part of me with them.  Does anyone have an idea for warming my hands up?   Vitamins, special diet, roller skating backwards?  Anything?  Please?!  What is the secret of the warm people?

C. I am still looking for the right job.  I'm not worried, but it is difficult for me to not have my life all lined out.  God has me in a holding pattern for some reason. He's giving me lots of assorted work in the meantime. 

D. This Thanksgiving was the BEST ever!!!!!!!  We had a special guest this year with unusual circumstances.  She loved it.  My family is like therapy for people.  Maybe I'll post pictures later.

E. I've read a few really good books recently.  I'll tell you more soon.

F. I'm taking wedding photos next weekend.  Yikes.  That's scary stuff.  It's not like you can re-enact a "moment."  Oh!  You wanted a picture of your first kiss?  Humph! It woulda been nice if you had told me that in the first place.  Yeah, this is the stuff that my dreams are made of.

G. 2011.  Its gonna be a good year.  I don't know what it will hold, but I know it will be good.  Because God is good and He has a plan.  BRING IT ON.

:-)

4 comments:

  1. Grandma Potts has kept in touch with Edith Greet for probably 30 years. Edith must be getting really old. Edith had gone to India as a young lady and established an orphanage/girls school in Cochin. When I was in India in 1988 they were in the process of setting up a similar facility for boys. I really didn't spend enough time there. I think Edith always expected I might return. Anyways...you should go there. Make me and Mom happy...it's warm, you won't need gloves, your hands will be fine! You will get some awesome pictures! I think Edith may be in the states now...you'd have to ask Grandma.
    Anyways....you asked!
    Don't worry about the wedding pictures. They seem important at the time but they don't make or break a marriage! I've seen some of your photos, and they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna, I enjoyed this post very much. Thanks for all the encouragement! (I know all about that "stinkin' girly-ness") lol I hope you get to go on a missions trip soon, but it is all in God's control. He'll open up the doors in his perfect timing and allow it to be even more special and a bigger blessing because it was his perfect timing. I''m praying for you!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about Moldova, but you've got the right attitude :)
    Warmth is in the blood. If the hot mugs aren't helping generate heat then I'm afraid you're out of luck...
    Good luck with the wedding pictures. I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for the encouragement. It's nice to know, Lauren, that I'm not the only stinkin' crybaby.

    Dana, so you're saying I'll never be warm... nice.

    Uncle Stan, I'll have to ask more about your trip to India someday. I just realized I don't know anything about that chapter of your life.

    I definitely want to get to Moldova. Its on my heart like it sounds India is on yours. They work with some orphanages, and they also have a printing press that they hope I can help with due to my work experience. Just have to find the right travel buddy. God will provide in His timing.

    Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete