Thursday, May 20, 2010

What's your happy?

Random and odd stuff that makes me happy.
The very best ones are either time wasters or fattening.

Go figure.


• Watching ants.
• Sitting in front of the heater.
• People watching (best done with sunglasses on).
• Sitting in the sun.
• Sitting in my car after it has been sitting in the sun.
• Sitting in my car, in the sun, with the heater on, watching people.
• Browsing through random strangers' photos on Flickr.
• Age of the Empires (so so fun, haven't had it in years).
• Chocolate milk.
• Taking a nap.
• Growing my hair out, then chopping it off.
• Repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat.
• Testing my vocal range in my car (don't look at me like that, you do it too).
• The funny card aisle.  I peruse forever, laughing out loud by myself.  Sometimes people hover, and grab the cards I laughed the hardest at when they think I'm not looking.  (I'm on to you)
• Singing around the campfire.
• The chin lift, hat tip or two-finger wave from passers-by on rural roads.
• Shooting stuff with my brother.
• Persuading Dad to watch a musical with us girls.
                         Sweet, selfless man.
• Sharing an office with the sports guy. He saves toilet paper coupons.
• Driving with no destination in mind.        just....driving.
• Dove chocolates.
• Mom's roast beef.
• Getting caught up in the excitement of a hometown football game, even though I never understand why we're cheering.
• Floatin' on the water.
• Having a total stranger seek you out out to say you can sit by them at a packed graduation, simply because they are kind and noticed you standing.
• Being chosen early - 'not last' - for a team; that warms my heart with gratitude.
• Having someone speak well of my parents.
• Strangers teaching me how to bowl.  There is something painfully awkward about my technique that has drawn various self-appointed 'experts' to my side over the years.  Most recently it was a 12 year old.  I'll share some of the complimentary advice I've been blessed with.
"Briefcase, swing like its a briefcase at your side"
"See those little arrows? Aim for the middle one"
"Look, kid, you don't throw the ball.  Let it glide...."
"KILL THE PINS. ATTACK.  You look like you want to hug them."

I love it.


What's your happy?

2 comments:

  1. anna, you have a knack for making me laugh... and your addition to cards is great... especially when you send them to me :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh too. Its funny how no matter how grown-up we get, some of our 'quirks' just never change.

    Your little brother called me the other night, it was cute. He is so excited about the reunion. Also, consider me your personal childcare assistant while we're there at the same time.

    ReplyDelete