Friday, May 14, 2010

thanks for daffodils


They are finally here.

My daffodils.

Daffodils are the most happy flowers there are.  I love them! 

Somehow they look like happy little faces. 
Their fragrance is delightfully subtle, you have to seek it out.
They symbolize a small window of time - Spring.
You know they will always come back - just as certain as we anticipate Christ's coming.

I know they affect others the same way.  I bought some at Safeway in February once.  As I walked through the store, I started to feel very self-conscious because everyone was staring at me.  Heads were turning.  Then I started to notice their smiles.  Faces lightened with happiness.  One man commented on the daffodils... lightbulb came on.  It wasn't me, it was what I was carrying.  In the dark cold gloominess of February, it changed everyone's life for a moment to anticipate spring. It became a game then, I lingered a little longer in the store so I could keep playing.

Thank you Lord for daffodils.
I think they are extra specially good.

"happiness created"


No comments:

Post a Comment