Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I was bad. But you were________.

"Anna was bad."  A direct quote by Dana.

Its true.  I was bad.
I didn't share.
I scratched people with my fingernails.  But honestly, they shouldn't have tickle tortured me...
I had a foul mouth. (I can distinctly remember what soap tastes like)  Where does a 3 yr. old learn these words?  It certainly wasn't from my parents.
I wasted a lot of sugar sprinkling it out so I could watch the ants.  I'd always sweep the sidewalk very thoroughly before Mom got home.
Dana's dad delighted in setting my temper off when we were young.  He purposely made me spitting mad once when I was 4, and then he sat all of us cousins down and read Oscar the Grouch to us, pointedly in my direction.  I was made an example.  Me and Oscar, we were tight.


I thought of myself as Dana's protector sometimes (pff, a lot of good that would have done in an emergency). To be a protector there's a certain amount of 'bad' you need to exude.

And for the record, Dana, you were smug.  I can still picture you tipping your chin up with that saucy smirk forming at the corners of your mouth.


~~~ childhood.

1 comment:

  1. lol. I didn't mean you actually were bad... I just meant that I liked to be seen as the good kid (much like Amber), and if that meant making you look bad then I wasn't past doing just that.
    I can't imagine what an annoying little snot I was. Can you believe we're even friends with such a traumatic past ;)?

    ReplyDelete