Thursday, January 26, 2012

what if...

Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?

What if my greatest disappointments, or the aching of this life;
Is a revealing of greater thirst that a world can't satisfy?

And what if trials of this life, the rain, the storms, the hardest nights;
Are Your mercies in disguise?


This song was shared with me by a Moldova orphan.  They understand it on a level I may never reach.  However, it grips me.  It puts beautifully into words how I feel about some of the trials the Lord has allowed us to go through in the last few years.  There's miracles that He made.  Some of those miracles are close to me every day, and I must hold back my emotions or I'd freak them out.  I call it the Leaky Faucet.  Those tears that just seep down the corners of your eyes; quiet, slow, undisturbed.  To wipe them away would draw more attention than the tears themselves.

These are tears that speak the happiness my heart cannot find words for.

Nothing is so sweet in my life as those things that are God's miracles.  God has, on a few occasions lately, taken hopeless situations, dead things, and brought them to life.  Glorious, BEAUTIFUL life.  Far surpassing the life that existed in them prior to the brokenness, the death.

I can't seem to express quite what I mean.  I guess you would've had to be there all along to understand.

3 comments:

  1. I love that song. It has been a huge blessing. It is amazing when you think about how God can take the hardest thing going on in your life and turn it into the biggest blessing you could have imagined! God sure is good to us!
    Can't wait to see you girls again!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean, and think you expressed it beautifully :)
    God is so very good to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren and Dana, I know you understand. Aren't Christian friends such a blessing?

    And Lauren, Kristy is very strongly considering that class. I will be "unavailable" by that time, I think you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete