Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I love my job.  I get to assist an oral surgeon from time to time.  Also, the other day, I assisted my Doctor with placing a dental implant.  How do I, un-college-educated Anna, get to have a job that is on the cusp of the latest and greatest technology?  God.

2. I started teaching Sunday School.  2 & 3 year olds.  I have discovered that 2 year olds have half the attention span of a 3 year old.

3. I want to sing SO BAD.  I do.  If I could name only one totally selfish desire in my heart, I'd say it is to sing.  A man came to our church this week and taught us some new songs and a little bit more about singing.  It whet my appetite.  I want to learn 4-part harmony.  I'm looking around for private voice lessons.  Kristy too.  I want to sing around the campfire with a guitar and some deep bass and some sweet melody, complementary alto.  I WANT TO SING!

4. The blog needs more of a purpose I think.  I'd like to start posting some photography tutorials than anybody can use with a basic point-&-shoot camera.  I think I'll start with Sillouhettes, and have a contest.  Watch for this.

5. I miss Dana.  I need to visit her again.

6. I am learning some things.  I've been proud, ungracious, without understanding in the past.  Maybe I will develop this thought more in another post.  I'm talking about traditions and stands.  Sometimes I take a stubborn stand on some 'conviction' and lose a friend... or worse, become a stumblingblock to someone that is without Christ.  What core principles really matter?  Do 'they' love God?  Is God using them?  Are they helping bring lost and wandering souls to Christ?  Enough said.  Scrap the rest.  Now, you need a balance, I know.  Its just something I've been thinking about.  A LOT.  Maybe more to come on that.  

7. An organization has contracted with me to publish a book for them.  HUGE undertaking.  This will keep me busy in the winter nights.  Its a history book.

8. Moldova is about 2 months away.  I'm excited.  I'm nervous.  Kristy and I are going, as well as a younger girl from our church.  We will be in Moldova 10 days, and will visit friends in Germany for 4 days.  I know this trip will impact my life.  Maybe that's why I'm nervous.

9. I'm trying not to use Facebook for a month.  I can't cut it out completely because that's how a lot of people communicate with me about photography jobs.  But I'm going to try not to use it for ANYTHING except that for the next month.  I think Facebook really confuses my reality and my relationships with people.  I'm not done with it, but I need a break.

10. Heels.  :-)  I've started wearing them again this summer.

1 comment:

  1. 11. Rhubarb. I got TWENTY-FOUR cups of Rhubarb off of 1 1/2 plants last night. Are you kidding me?!

    ReplyDelete