Sunday, August 7, 2011

God smiled

The other weekend, most of my family (minus Kristy and I) were in Idaho.  My brother's in-laws have a ranch there, and they had the governor of Idaho over for a big, fun weekend.  They branded longhorn cattle, had a team roping, a pitchfork fondue and just generally a good time.

They sat around the campfire at night.  The governor had his guitar and was singing old country songs.  Our Little Turkey, my two-year old nephew, asked the Governor if he could sing "Peter, James & John in a Sailboat."

Isn't that SOOO precious?  I know it had to put a big grin on God's face.  Little Turkey's favorite song is "Peter James & John in a Sailboat."  Its on of his Sunday School songs, and he sings it constantly.  He sings it in the car, he sings it to Baby Sister.  He was surprised that the Governor didn't know it.

Apparently Little Turkey was singing "Jesus Loves Me" for the crowd around the campfire too, at the top of his lungs.

Just writing about it makes me wanna cry.  Life is so sweet.  God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment