Thursday, March 11, 2010

Twenty-five.

25 things I'm thankful for.  God is so good I can hardly stand it.
"good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over"  Luke 6:38

 
 1. My salvation through Jesus Christ. Forgiveness for my sins.  Having my name written in the Book of Life in Heaven.

 2. The Bible and those faithful martyrs that gave their lives to write, preserve and reproduce it.

 3. My family. We stick like super-glue.

 4. Strawberry Starbursts.

 5. Built-in color vision and surround sound.

 6. A Pastor whose heart for souls is bigger than this.

 7. Hot water with the turn of a knob.

 8. The privilege to live in the United States of America.

 9. Rain. The sound of it, the smell of it, the life it leaves in its wake.

10. My job and the workload that makes me needed.

11. 10 fingers. Life would be different with 8.

12. The nose. Think how amazing it is. its so fine tuned that it can discern between flowers and roast beef. It can identify specific people and locations. AND where else would we set our glasses?

13. The way paper, fresh out of the copy machine, warms up my hands.

14. Deodorant.

15. The stars on a clear night out at the ranch.  I miss them.

16. My church family.

17. Adobe InDesign.

18. The perfume of God's creation.

19. My friends. Those rare kind that some people never find, I have 5... Kristy, Dana, Rachel, Leah, Jayme

20. Things that give me butterflies.

21. The ability to walk, run, skip, twirl, ice skate with swan-like grace (the last is more of an aspiration really)

22. The wisdom of my Dad, the soft heart of my Mom, the protectiveness of my brother, the laugh of my sister-in-law, the prayers of my sister, and the kisses of the Little Turkey.

23. Sweetwater Coffee's roast beef sandwich.  I'm certain its a preview of Heaven.

24. Our newspaper carriers.  Faithfully delivering the news every week.  Through wind, sleet, rain, hail, -25 degrees and mean dogs.

25. My neighborhood... especially the little girls that leave flowers in our mailbox, and wake us up from Sunday naps to hint for cookies they can see through the front door.

2 comments:

  1. happy happy birthday to you!
    love the new look... old bananas ARE good in bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dana for the very 'Pollyanna' thought about old bananas. Your new pictures of Drew are awesome, I'm waiting to hear that you've opened a studio... you know, in your spare time.

    ReplyDelete