Monday, March 15, 2010

...on good ground: Brokenness

I was going through old sermon notes in my Bible case the other day.  This is one that particularly fell on good ground in my life.  Pastor Sowell preached it during the conference in '08.  I have watched its truth unfold in my life many times since then.  These notes of mine are a little incomplete... I have a habit of trailing off mid-sentence.  There's just a few points I had written down. Psalm 46:1-3

......................................................................
Brokenness.
Matthew 14:15-19

For the miraculous things to happen through you - God will break you first.

God breaks as naturally as he blesses.  It was the act of breaking the pitchers that won the battle for Gideon.

Tenderness always reduces the severity.

Through the breaking process, God takes you through the transition from nominal to miraculous.

...............................................................

I understand it so much more than I did two years ago, and God changes my life for the better every time He breaks me, but it never gets any less painful to go through.  The more hopelessly broken we are, the more glory God gets when we are made whole again.  "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."  Mark 10:27

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed having lunch with you the other day! I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Bible conference. :D

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete