Friday, July 16, 2010

summer part 1

I love summer. It reminds me how blessed we are to experience life on earth, the mountains and the valleys. There's not enough space or words to capture the last few weeks, but I'll try to give you a quick peek.

Bible Conference Gleanings

I took my joy back.
I lowered my expectations. Get the message.
'It' shall be well.
Someday I'm gonna 'Snicker' at the devil.
I'm not going to roll over and give in.
Don't live on explanations - live on promises.
Faith builds the ark before it rains.
It doesn't matter to the devil that you believe the Bible if you don't practice it.
Start small. The small victories prepare you for the bigger battles.
No one will remember how you started, just how you finished.
Don't get comfortable blindly walking by people in need.
Sometimes you will be in the state of a shaken mind. Don't live there.
Do I make Jesus look good in my daily life outside of the church walls?
Live like you're leaving. "Lord, help me accomplish something today that will matter for eternity."
He's a God of the details, too.
Don't stop praying for your lost loved ones, friends, co-workers. You are their interceding link.
No one can succeed in the Christian life who has a passionate adoration for themselves.

There was so much. The Lord filled my cup and brought me up out of my pit of self-pity and worry. I've been wallowing for several months. He gave my joy back! People are taking note of the sunshine I've rediscovered, and its all due to Him.

What a week that was! If we can enjoy life this much, I don't know if I could mentally handle the delights of Heaven.

 singing songs from the old paths

Blogging Buddies Caleb, Brandon, Me, Lauren & Flynn
Boys, hate to break it to ya, but that is kind of a dorky pose.

 This picture makes me laugh!  It isn't in focus, but Preacher
has a look on his face that says "Caught ya Anna."

 food & fellowship


 hiking

Thank you to those who daily stayed til' midnight cleaning, and those who arrived at 6 to get breakfast ready.

 Kristy - bathroom patrol


 Mom & Dad with the preachers

 Jayme & I - I know you'll be reading this Jayme.
I'm glad you're fine as a frog's hair split four ways.  Can you tell us why?

waiting....

Tippy-Canoe... its how we roll in Montana

3 comments:

  1. ah... the tippy canoe. It never gets old :).

    You truly are a ball of sunshine, and you brightened my day!
    You are the bestest friend I'm ever going to have, cause no one could ever top you. And I'm not just saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna,

    So I think the idea for the pose was to look dorky...not that we had to try very hard :D
    Nice Pics.

    Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There Anna,
    I'm glad you enjoyed the Bible conference so much this year. I really got a blessing from the preaching and God gave me some new things to think about in my own walk with him. It was a good year! I like you pictures! :D

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete