Friday, May 25, 2012

To know my purpose

I sit here, at someone else's kitchen table, weeping.  I am housesitting and I always seem to find the Lord a little closer when I'm here.  Life is slightly put on hold, just me and the 3 dogs.  It is snowing outside, my cup of coffee sits beside me.

As I prepare to move to Moldova, I struggle to know the big picture.  What is His purpose for me?  To love the girls, yes.  To train the missionaries to be able to use their printing press, yes.  To give of myself, yes.

But... still, I struggle to know the BIG picture.  As I've researched trafficking, my heart has swelled with the horror these girls face, and the NEED my soul has to tell their story.  I know that is a big part of God's purpose in getting me involved.  In giving me a job I never sought, working at a newspaper for 7 years, being PAID to learn graphic design.  His purpose in giving me a role much bigger than myself as an 18 year old, leading teenagers across the state as part of the 5-person state 4-H Officer team... my title - Montana State 4-H Publicity Officer.  Both were a part of my life, a part of His plan, before I was even saved.

This morning, I found this video on a Montana Photographers Group.  And that is why I sit here weeping.  This is it.  My purpose.  To advocate for a cure for cancer?  No.  To tell the story of Moldova.  Beautifully.  Simply.  The style of the first 2 minutes of this video is powerful.

This morning, I prayed with arms outstretched that the Lord would take the talents He gave me, and use every last drop of them for His purpose.  I prayed that He would guide my hands and my thoughts to create the story that will touch people's hearts to pray for Moldova; to give financially to the work that the Lord is doing there to bring Christ to these who have no other hope in this world.

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you and Kristy! I've been trying to call you but havent had a chance. Ill try to call you this weekend so we can catch up. :). I'm so excited to see what God does in the next few months in your lives!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 58:10-11
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
    And satisfy the afflicted soul,
    Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
    And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
    11 The Lord will guide you continually,
    And satisfy your soul in drought,
    And strengthen your bones;
    You shall be like a watered garden,
    And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

    ReplyDelete