Monday, February 6, 2012

taxes and stuff

  1. Today I finished my tax return for 2011.  Oofta.  This is the first year I've had "business" income to report, and so I filed my first Schedule C.  I ended up owing the Feds money.  Bummer.  BUT!  The bright side is that my good ol' Montana pulled through with a small ray of hope in the form of $200.  I could buy an accounting program with that to make next year's taxes simpler.  Or, like, 30 pairs of cute tights.  Or, start a nest egg towards buying another camera body to take to the Moldova orphans.  Or 200 dark chocolate bars with sea salt (bliss in a bar, I kid you not).  1 TB external drive for when I switch solely to laptops (within the next month).  ** Let me know if you want to buy an awesome desktop computer, flatscreen, photoprinter setup.  I'll provide more details soon.  I need to become portable.** 
  2. Eu vorbesc româneşte putin, nu foarte bine.  But it will improve. It must!
  3. 3 weddings coming up.  2 for sure.  Emily and Bill in two weeks.  A brand new client in June.  AND.... excitement of excitements!!!!  I think I'll be shooting a wedding in Germany in October.  If I can work out payment and travel expenses.
  4. Life is going to change in a big, exciting, scary way soon.  I'll let you know in a few weeks.
  5. Next weekend I'm attending a photography class in Salt Lake, purchased for me by a very dear friend.
  6. I love God and what He has done for me.  I love that I am saved, and KNOW I will go to heaven when I die.  I love that it has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with my faith in Jesus Christ.  I love how He shows me His love in a million personal ways, undiscernable by others.
  7. Have I mentioned Dark Chocolate bars with sea salt?
  8. Documentary: Moldova Missions, coming soon.  This is my first attempt at any such project, and parts of it are difficult to understand / hear.  When we were in Moldova, we had no idea we were making a documentary.  We were just very hungry to learn about these people. This video is the result.  I will provide a link or something soon.


1 comment:

  1. ...sigh. I'm happy and excited for you. The absolute best move I ever made was without a doubt, an answer to prayer, and I've never looked back. In fact, you probably wouldn't be here had I just stayed stuck where I was. On the other hand... well, I'm your mom :)

    ReplyDelete