Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Watching for the rainbow

This year has been like no other.  It started with a lot of ups, and ended with some crushing downs.  Its been good for me, I've always been so independent that I've never truly had to rely on God.  He has let things in my life and the lives of those close to me the last few months that there's not a thing I/we can do about.  I've never wept and begged and pleaded so desperately.  It seems that all I do when I pray anymore is cry.  Sometimes there's no words.

But.

There is a sweetness in sorrows like these.  They've drawn me so close to God.  I NEED Him, I cannot go on in life without Him.  Every verse was written specifically for me.  Every message aimed at my heart.  Every song voices the words my soul cannot utter.  My family and church is worth more to me now than all the wealth that will ever pass through my hands.

I'm starting to believe that there's a rainbow about to span the sky soon.  God always sends a rainbow after the storm.  In fact, without the storms, there'd be no rainbows.  That thought makes it easier to thank the Lord for the storms.

Life has been overwhelming, in good and difficult ways at the same time.  I'd like to share some CDs I found recently that have been a blessing to me during this season of life.



I really love Track 5 "In the Sweet Forever" on this one.












This is probably the best CD I've found yet.  It is good.
Track 8 "It's Still the Blood" is excellent.









I really am starting to be thankful for the trials, even though they hurt. I guess they are growing pains. We watched the Passion of the Christ for New Years Eve.  Wow.  I am unworthy to ever utter a whimper.  I cannot understand why He did what He did for us.  It's time for me to brace up and carry my cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment